American Football Sim League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online PS3 Madden Franchise League

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Recover Files Platinum License Key Free
Preseason Rankings EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 pm by sanvinez

» Looks like we're done?
Preseason Rankings EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 pm by trulyinfemous

» So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?
Preseason Rankings EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 pm by Jinst62_zj

» What Happened
Preseason Rankings EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm by trulyinfemous

» Owner Requirement
Preseason Rankings EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm by NCballa05

» chargers and Niners
Preseason Rankings EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 am by duggydee1975

» Oakland out of town until Friday...
Preseason Rankings EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm by K_cin

» CLE @ BUF
Preseason Rankings EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm by RashOwned

» JAX @ IND
Preseason Rankings EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm by Intro

Top posters

dmoney1632 (152)
Preseason Rankings I_vote_lcapPreseason Rankings I_voting_barPreseason Rankings I_vote_rcap 
trulyinfemous (90)
Preseason Rankings I_vote_lcapPreseason Rankings I_voting_barPreseason Rankings I_vote_rcap 
tmoneymilll (79)
BlckMagik (46)
dugee5 (44)
K_cin (39)
neo613 (38)
charliec (33)
RashOwned (33)
lucky0644 (26)

+9
K_cin
Intro
V1T4LS
jhogan3132
LeftCoastGamer
NCballa05
trulyinfemous
RagingAlpaca
charliec
13 posters

Preseason Rankings

charliec
    charliec

Preseason Rankings Empty Preseason Rankings

Post  charliec Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:16 am

Preseason Power Ranking (per Conference)
    Rankings are based on owner's strength from previous generation's franchise and current team strengths. These are not a prediction but indication of a team's clout going into Season 1.

AFC

1. Miami Dolphins - V1t4ls was deadly with Miami last year, rumor has it, he plans to run 400+ yds a game this year, with the occasional Marshall big catch to keep teams honest.
      2. Baltimore Ravens - LCG was getting his groove late last season, but with Baltimore, this could be the rise to the top
      3. Oakland Raiders - K_Cin, what can you say, a bad team can't hold him down and hopefully his defense can hold others down.
      4. Indianapolis Colts - Prof will field a more skilled passing team, could be trouble for the AFC south
      5. New York Jets - Tmoney has a strong rushing attack and strong passing defense, the only thing that can beat him is his own frustrations
      6. Cincinnati Bengals - Blck has moved to the NFL's new bad boys team which may light up the airways with more excitement than a couple of their receivers' reality shows
      7. San Diego Chargers - Charlie has a stronger team to field and with an accurate QB, has a chance to do well if the mistakes are minimized, beware of temper
      8. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dugee has upgraded but has Pittsburgh downgraded?
      9. New England Patriots - New owner fielding an old team, Brady is still a strong leader and can surprise everyone
      10. Houston Texans - Darkhorse team, could very well move up the charts quicker than Cushing's HGH levels
      11. Jacksonville Jaguars - Again another team with a strong owner who could win the division with MJD pulling the weight
      12. Kansas City Chiefs - Deuce is strong, and the Chiefs are getting stronger, but will they be ready under this young dynamic team?
      13. Tennessee Titans - New Owner + CJ, they could run circles around opponents but have strong owners in their division
      14. Denver Broncos - They may have a prayer (lead by friar Tebow) but without Marshall can they be as diverse?
      15. Buffalo Bills - Strength: Run Offense, Weakness: Run Defense, look for ROTY candidate C.J. Spiller to get a lot of touches and be careful of the underrated Pass Defense
      16. Cleveland Browns - Strangely, Lebron's departure hurt the football team but perhaps the new owner has a few tricks up his sleeve to revamp the city of Cleveland and bring back the Dog Pound

NFC

1. New Orleans Saints - Raging was a winner with KC, with a very strong New Orleans team, could he continue the party or will Bourbon Street distract him from the top?
      2. Chicago Bears - DaBears welcome daCub, he won't have CJ but has playmakers to continue his strong play
      3. Dallas Cowboys - Tbyrd takes the reins of the strong Cowboy's team which could prove tough to beat
      4. Atlanta Falcons - Dmoney will again have his strong young QB, improved Defense, and could be a strong contender at season's end
      5. Green Bay Packers - Lucky does not need a four leaf clover with this talented Packer's team
      6. Seattle Seahawks - When you got rings, who is to say you can't win?
      7. Philadelphia Eagles - Espnut will be working with a younger less experience QB but has the playmakers to win games. He won't have Andre to bail him out in tough situations though.
      8. Carolina Panthers - Darkhouse team that could also move up the rankings behind its new strong owner
      9. Minnesota Vikings - Farve or no Farve, the offense has playmakers but the new owner can rely on the strongest defensive line in the nfl to keep him in games if the offense sputters.
      10. Detroit Lions - Turf is a proven winner, but will have to build up the team again to meet his standards, at least he has the anchor on defense that will fill the crowd with Suh-thing thoughts of the future.
      11. New York Giants - Hogan, has a team that can win as long as the defense doesn't self destruct, and those darn pesky Cowboys may get in the way too.
      12. San Francisco 49ers - If the offense clicks and with Willis patrolling center field, 49ers could surprise everyone and move up the rankings
      13. Arizona Cardinals - No NC, no Warner, couple missing pieces could derail the Cardinals this season
      14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Young team that is getting stronger, and look, Fuh is back, regardless if they win or lose, it should be entertaining.
      15. Washington Redskins - Has a new owner, new QB, new defensive scheme, tough division, only time will tell how successful the Redskins will be.
      16. St. Louis Rams - Some say they'll be a contender when pigs fly, at least with Bradford, St. Louis fans can expect the pigskin to fly a little more often and balance out the offense previously and still known as Steven Jackson

Last edited by charliec on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 am; edited 3 times in total
    RagingAlpaca
    RagingAlpaca

Preseason Rankings Empty Re: Preseason Rankings

Post  RagingAlpaca Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:05 am

I couldn't agree more.
    trulyinfemous
    trulyinfemous

Post  trulyinfemous Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:20 pm

nicely done Charlie, however I did get to the superbowl in the last franchise, surely my user skill can count for something? lol
    NCballa05
    NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:39 pm

First and foremost GREAT input Charlie VERY VERY NICELY PUT TOGETHER. I like the "No NC, No Warner" for the AZ Cardinals...damn but 6th for the NFC? that did sting a little..but nicely made Charlie
    NCballa05
    NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:40 pm

NCballa05 wrote:First and foremost GREAT input Charlie VERY VERY NICELY PUT TOGETHER. I like the "No NC, No Warner" for the AZ Cardinals...damn but 6th for the NFC? that did sting a little..but nicely made Charlie

Yes I'm quoting myself haha....Charlie Great job again and now that i reread it, it makes sense. Very well put together
    charliec
    charliec

Post  charliec Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:05 pm

NCballa05 wrote:
    NCballa05 wrote:First and foremost GREAT input Charlie VERY VERY NICELY PUT TOGETHER. I like the "No NC, No Warner" for the AZ Cardinals...damn but 6th for the NFC? that did sting a little..but nicely made Charlie

Yes I'm quoting myself haha....Charlie Great job again and now that i reread it, it makes sense. Very well put together

Haha, thanks, you should probably change your profile picture now.
    LeftCoastGamer
    LeftCoastGamer

Post  LeftCoastGamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:07 pm

nice work, hopefully the Ravens live up to the hype.
    jhogan3132
    jhogan3132

Post  jhogan3132 Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:13 am

If Neo is an unknown, Im screwed because I am the owner fo the Giants!
    V1T4LS
    V1T4LS

Post  V1T4LS Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:35 am

Thanks charlie... Couldnt have said it better myself but i will add having marshall is a BIG help!!!
    charliec
    charliec

Post  charliec Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:46 am

Fixed!
    Intro
    Intro

Post  Intro Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:05 am

damm 11th?
    V1T4LS
    V1T4LS

Post  V1T4LS Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 am

I agree with charlie 100%...lol
    K_cin
    K_cin

Post  K_cin Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Nice....I dont know if I can hold down the #3 spot in the AFC year one though, im struggling right thats for sure. It is a lot tougher to play with a LB this year it seems.
    RashOwned
    RashOwned

Post  RashOwned Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:01 pm

the saints got spanked. so Ima go ahead and say highlight is the man to worry about.
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 pm

good that everyone has to worry about hightlight, because highlight worries about me...
    RashOwned
    RashOwned

Post  RashOwned Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:39 pm

lol
    HIGHLIGHT
    HIGHLIGHT

Post  HIGHLIGHT Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:42 pm

RashOwned wrote:the saints got spanked. so Ima go ahead and say highlight is the man to worry about.
    Shhhhhhhhh.......
    Fall3nang3l224
    Fall3nang3l224

Post  Fall3nang3l224 Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Cheifs could possibly take the division Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:43 am