American Football Sim League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online PS3 Madden Franchise League

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Recover Files Platinum License Key Free
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 pm by sanvinez

» Looks like we're done?
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 pm by trulyinfemous

» So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 pm by Jinst62_zj

» What Happened
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm by trulyinfemous

» Owner Requirement
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm by NCballa05

» chargers and Niners
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 am by duggydee1975

» Oakland out of town until Friday...
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm by K_cin

» CLE @ BUF
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm by RashOwned

» JAX @ IND
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm by Intro

Top posters

dmoney1632 (152)
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? I_vote_lcapSo what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? I_voting_barSo what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? I_vote_rcap 
trulyinfemous (90)
So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? I_vote_lcapSo what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? I_voting_barSo what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? I_vote_rcap 
tmoneymilll (79)
BlckMagik (46)
dugee5 (44)
K_cin (39)
neo613 (38)
charliec (33)
RashOwned (33)
lucky0644 (26)

+6
BlckMagik
dmoney1632
Intro
K_cin
bird_33
dugee5
10 posters

So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?

dugee5
    dugee5

So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? Empty So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?

Post  dugee5 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:16 am

What r yall thinking fellas? Time is a wasting.
    bird_33
    bird_33

So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? Empty Re: So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?

Post  bird_33 Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:13 am

good question....I was wondering the same thing
    K_cin
    K_cin

So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild? Empty Re: So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?

Post  K_cin Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:18 pm

im still in, but doesnt seem like we have too many people still in. I will keep c hecking back to see whats up.
    Intro
    Intro

Post  Intro Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm still in no doubt
    dmoney1632
    dmoney1632
    Admin

Post  dmoney1632 Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Me and T do not know what to do with the league..We want to keep things going but whats the point if we cannot get owners who want to play their games and be active..
    dugee5
    dugee5

Post  dugee5 Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:22 pm

With that being said D, are we going to try to do somethin about it by having a massive overhaul or are we gonna cut our losses and call it a day? I say you boot damn near every1 right now except the good owners. Try to recruit from today until next week (saturday or sunday)and if we arent successful at least we go out on our shield. It's better than not doing anything at all.

1)Boot 90% of the league today. Or whatever percentage is holding us down.
    2)Establish a cut off date to fill the vacant spots. I recommend at least a week from today or tomorrow. Or if you guys think we should need more time we can make it a 2 week or whatever
    3)Recruit, Recruit, Recruit
    4)We will need to set up an offline draft schedule for however may days, 2-3 or 3-5 etc. This will help our recruits know when they can expect to get started.

I say give this thing one more run and see if we can get some new blood to pump some life into this thing. That's my plan fellas. How bout it?

PS. I say we should all PM D a list of the new owners that we should keep and if you don't make the cut then so be it.
    BlckMagik
    BlckMagik

Post  BlckMagik Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:40 pm

If this happens, it will be necessary for people to use this chat box/forum for scheduling and general ease for all parties involved. I don't know if we need to send a list to D, I think there is general consensus of who the better owners are. The rest of that plan sounds great Dugee.
    bird_33
    bird_33

Post  bird_33 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:00 pm

I think owners should be required to stop by website at least once after each advance.....just swing by say hi in chat box/post in scheduling thread (we are talking about 2-3 min of their time - I don't think that is too much to ask)
    BlckMagik
    BlckMagik

Post  BlckMagik Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:12 am

bird_33 wrote:I think owners should be required to stop by website at least once after each advance.....just swing by say hi in chat box/post in scheduling thread (we are talking about 2-3 min of their time - I don't think that is too much to ask)

Agreed, and if people show up, it will add to the likelihood of the league continuing and owners feeling more inclined to play and prevent the diffusion of responsibility to play games if everyone shows up.
    neo613
    neo613

Post  neo613 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 am

BlckMagik wrote:
    bird_33 wrote:I think owners should be required to stop by website at least once after each advance.....just swing by say hi in chat box/post in scheduling thread (we are talking about 2-3 min of their time - I don't think that is too much to ask)

Agreed, and if people show up, it will add to the likelihood of the league continuing and owners feeling more inclined to play and prevent the diffusion of responsibility to play games if everyone shows up.

I agree, i think the league has the potential to survive and prosper but it is going to take some new owners and an emphasis on visiting the forum/chat room on a regular basis to schedule games, discuss trades, talk trash, etc............
    NCballa05
    NCballa05

Post  NCballa05 Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Im still in for the record just havent been on but still easy to get in touch w/ via email
    K_cin
    K_cin

Post  K_cin Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:35 pm

I will just keep checking back I guess to see whats up? I actually was booted from the league while I was on vacation and it says I am banned when I try to rejoin on the ps3...? I am still game to stay active in this league as the Raiders of course or if a section of owners start their own league and the Raiders are open I would be game to start a new league as well with the Silver and Black.

Not sure what happened to the AFSL this year, last year it was great! I think the game has a lot to do with it, but really after the patches and everything it isn't that bad now. Really though I think the group of owners we had were too worried about "sim". Really you just need a rulebook to follow and everything else is game. 1/2 the people scream cheese anytime they lose instead of just playing their next game. I learned to just play for fun and that helped.
    trulyinfemous
    trulyinfemous

Post  trulyinfemous Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 pm

yup same guys.

i agree with all that has been said.

i am abit crunk now, dont you love uni, but tomorrow or wednesday i will post the draft boards that i have done.
    BlckMagik
    BlckMagik

Post  BlckMagik Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 pm

K_cin wrote:I will just keep checking back I guess to see whats up? I actually was booted from the league while I was on vacation and it says I am banned when I try to rejoin on the ps3...? I am still game to stay active in this league as the Raiders of course or if a section of owners start their own league and the Raiders are open I would be game to start a new league as well with the Silver and Black.

Not sure what happened to the AFSL this year, last year it was great! I think the game has a lot to do with it, but really after the patches and everything it isn't that bad now. Really though I think the group of owners we had were too worried about "sim". Really you just need a rulebook to follow and everything else is game. 1/2 the people scream cheese anytime they lose instead of just playing their next game. I learned to just play for fun and that helped.

That ban happens any time someone gets kicked, EA put it in so that booted people can't just keep rejoining leagues because EA figured they got kicked for a reason, just get an invite back once we figure out what is going on.
    bird_33
    bird_33

Post  bird_33 Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Lets get this thing going.....if we are going to recruit for season 2, lets finish this season....so we will be ready for offseason and draft.
    Jinst62_zj
    Jinst62_zj

Post  Jinst62_zj Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 pm

im in if we still wanna keep this goin its a shame having to play offline franchise's

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm