American Football Sim League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online PS3 Madden Franchise League

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

» Recover Files Platinum License Key Free
General Rules EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 pm by sanvinez

» Looks like we're done?
General Rules EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 pm by trulyinfemous

» So what is it going to be? Is it R.I.P. or Rebuild?
General Rules EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 pm by Jinst62_zj

» What Happened
General Rules EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm by trulyinfemous

» Owner Requirement
General Rules EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm by NCballa05

» chargers and Niners
General Rules EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 am by duggydee1975

» Oakland out of town until Friday...
General Rules EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm by K_cin

» CLE @ BUF
General Rules EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm by RashOwned

» JAX @ IND
General Rules EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm by Intro

Top posters

dmoney1632 (152)
General Rules I_vote_lcapGeneral Rules I_voting_barGeneral Rules I_vote_rcap 
trulyinfemous (90)
tmoneymilll (79)
BlckMagik (46)
dugee5 (44)
K_cin (39)
neo613 (38)
charliec (33)
RashOwned (33)
lucky0644 (26)

General Rules

dmoney1632
    dmoney1632
    Admin

General Rules Empty General Rules

Post  dmoney1632 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:06 pm

1. The league will be on All-Pro, 8 minutes quarters without an accelerated clock.

2. Injuries will be on of course.

3. We will be using actual NFL rosters, not fantasy.

4. The new rules are as followed. There can be no more than 4 players max in a trade TOTAL. I want to keep the trades as sim as possible.There is still max 3 trades per season. And on to how we post trades. Trades now will be posted by either member of the trade in the trade approval thread. Once in the thread, the trade committee, and the two owners will be the only individuals who can post in that specific thread.

5. Games Simmed rule - I will be only allowing 2 SIMULATED games per season. I understand that emergencies happen and we take that into account but if you are owner who is inactive and does not communicate with either me or cub to give a update on your status, you have to be removed. I have to be fair to owners who play their games and who are active.

6. Advancing every 3 days from the kickoff of the season. Midnight on the 3rd day will be the advancement of the week. We are not pushing it back or holding up things so people can play their games. We have to be fair and show appreciation to people who get their game in by not holding the league for owners who procrastinate. Use the weekly scheduling threads to schedule your game with your opponent.

7. Rosters are to be updated by owners in the AFSL Discussion board. Every time you cut or add a player, you need to update your roster thread and cap number.

8. You have to kneel down if you're leading by 10 pts or more in the final quarter when the opponent hasn't enough timeouts (I.E. 24-10 for your team, 4th quarter, 0:57 remaining, opponent has 1 timeout, just kneel). Show good sportmanship throughout the whole game

9. Onside Kick should be used only when the situation needs it. A player doing an onside kick when there's no need will be banned.

10. Dropping back more than 15 yards is allowed but not excessively. If me and the owners find out you do it repeatedly, you will be banned from the league.

11. You are allowed to run the same play throughout the game just make sure to mix in other plays in between...

12. Personal trash talking is illegal. You can have some friendly banter but don’t let it get out of hand and offend the other player

13. No one may go over the points cap at any time.

14. If a starting player gets injured you will be forced to sign a free agent or use the backup player, you will not be awarded any points unless you put the player on IR then their cap hit will be gone and you will be awarded the points that player is worth.

15. If you trade for a player that has been picked up from free agency by the team you are trading with you will adopt what that player got signed for. Not what they are worth.

16. Punts are mandatory on 4th down. You may only go for it on 4th and short and you are just out of FG range. Just use common sense here. Obviously, if you are down in the 4th and need to catch up you should go for it on 4th. Think like a NFL coach here.

17. At no time can your positions be under the required limit. For example, you must have one punter on the team at all times.

18. You are not allowed to play the CPU unless approved by myself or professor.

19.9. MOVEMENT OF DEFENSIVE PLAYERS: You may ONLY MANUALLY move ONE PLAYER; THAT ONE MUST BE THE PLAYER YOU ARE CONTROLLING (LB or DB) before the snap. All shifts are allowed but the man you control in the back 7 is the only one who can be manually moved. DO NOT MOVE YOUR PLAYER OUT OF THE REASONABLE REALM OF THEIR SPACE. Absolutely DO NOT move players to take advantage of AI flaws. Lining up 8 in the box is legal, however this should not be used as a form of defense under any circumstances. If done occasionally fine, beyond that it will be a violation of the rules.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:16 pm